Nov 25, 2021
£40,000 - £45,000 yearly
Bristol, City of Bristol
Service Manager – Bristol
Basic up to £45,000, + bonus + commercial vehicle + benefits
A market leading provider of materials handling and processing equipment nationally in to the recycling, quarrying, demolition, Ports and energy sectors.
The company provides a comprehensive range of world leading OEM brands and offers bespoke system solutions as well as single equipment specification and supply
An exciting opportunity to manage and lead the Service department and a team of engineers, you will develop the existing service department functions into standalone profit centres whilst driving service & parts sales. This will include the expansion of the current customer base coupled with identifying new service & parts sales opportunities. This will be a targeted development to viable customers on a strict commercial basis within their respective credit limits and agreed payment terms.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* To develop the existing company service functions into a profit centre in line with agreed budgets and service absorption rates. This will include the production of weekly/monthly kpi’s including engineer productivity, warranty recovery rates, etc.
* To work closely with the relevant spare parts businesses within the Group to identify opportunities for growth.
* Overall responsibility for the management of the service functions and all aspects thereof. This will require excellent I.T. skills as all work is to be loaded and scheduled via an operating system
* Attendance at regular sales meeting as required to present service department performance, review sales performance & operational issues.
* Resolution of customer issues including clarification of warranty vs. chargeable work, disputes, etc. within strict timescales. T
* Work with finance department in chasing up overdue debt and producing a monthly progress report.
* Management of Health & Safety business with stakeholders and external consultants. This will include periodic site audits to check on engineer safety and H&S compliance as well as own premises audits, risk assessments, customer questionnaires, etc.
* Monitor and report on all service and parts activities in both companies and provide relevant management information. This will involve weekly meetings to cover outstanding debts, new accounts, engineers service completion records (including availability, completeness & overtime) and warranty claim updates.
* Attend regular manufacturer warranty meetings in order to ensure warranty recovery targets are met.
* Oversee the processing of customer warranty claims onto web based supplier online system and provide prompt feedback on any manufacturer generated issues or requests.
* Maintenance & development of engineers service reports & analysis system.
* Develop and improve the purchasing functions within the service department.
* Training & development of all personnel within the service department.
* An accomplished Service manager with a strong technical background with experience gained within a similar technical environment.
* Strong organisational skills
* A proven track record of delivering sustained and profitable business growth in line with targets and objectives.
* A comprehensive understanding and practical experience of managing a budget/ profit centre
* Experienced at providing contract quotations, knowledge and experience of costing is essential.
* Strong people management skills and the ability to demonstrate your approach to motivating, coaching and development of a team.
* High degree of IT literacy using Microsoft packages and work management systems