Dec 23, 2021
£25,000 - £35,000 yearly
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Graduate / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Rhodar Industrial Services Ltd are part of Lexia Solutions Group and are one of the UK’s leading specialist companies offering asbestos removal, demolition, decommissioning and land remediation, with regional offices throughout the UK. We work with blue-chip clients across a wide range of public and private UK industrial and commercial sectors.
We are currently looking to appoint a Graduate / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to work out of our offices in Leeds covering all aspects of our work within the Northern Region.
Salary: Negotiable + plus car, dependent on experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with 0-3 years’ experience who will provide commercial assistance to the project teams. The role will be based in Leeds but will involve travel throughout the region.
The duties will involve assisting and supporting the Project Managers and Senior Quantity Surveyors with the quantity surveying function to the projects, namely applications for payment, identification and valuation of variations and change, management of subcontract accounts, WIP and cost value reporting, debt management and final accounts.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of qualities including:
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar industry recognised qualification
* Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Project and email/internet.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent telephone manner.
* Financial and commercial acumen.
* Excellent organisational skills in being able to multi-task and re-prioritize at frequent intervals.
* Attention to detail.
* Friendly, calm and professional manner.
* Ability to handle pressure and good time-management.
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team.
As a company we offer very attractive terms and conditions, which includes competitive salaries, pension and 25 days holidays (+ statutory holidays) per year. We are committed to being the leaders in our sector and ensure that we develop our staff to reach their full potential. The Lexia Solutions Group is committed to being an equal opportunities employer