Jan 04, 2022
DA10, Swanscombe, Kent
KENT , DA3
£55k plus package
Our client are seeking an outstanding Contracts Manager to compliment an experienced and expanding commercial team. An established family run demolition contractor for over 30 years - predominantly across London and the Home Counties. Project values range from £50k up to £1.5m and include full and partial deconstruction, soft stripping, asbestos removal etc.
As a Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the successful delivery of demolition projects from start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed safely, on time and within budget whilst building strong relationships with clients and supply chain members.
The successful candidate should have experience working in a Contracts Manager role in similar sectors. Strong demolition knowledge, programme, planning and leadership skills are essential attributes.
The appointed Contracts Manager will:
· Manage projects to ensure they are completed to budget and on time.
· Pricing on demolition projects
· Manage and Delegate duties to on-site staff
· Attend site meetings and progress meetings
· Implementation of all Company safety, health, environmental and quality procedures ensuring statutory compliance across all projects
· Monitor site progress and attend regular progress meetings with the clients
· Maintain good working relationships with clients
· Inform senior staff of potential risk factors and create suitable Risk Assessments + Method Statements prior to project commencement
· Take ownership of programme and all delivery aspects of the demolition project
· Oversee the management of all sub-contractors throughout the project
· Travel across multiple sites so must be willing to travel with a valid driving licence
· Have experience as a Contracts Manager
· Be experienced on demolition projects
· Ensure staff are kept up to date with current legislation and training needs to meet the company’s objectives
· Provide a proven track record for previous employers.
· Have experience in project planning and programming.
· Be experienced in sub-contractor management.
· SMTS, First Aid and CSCS is essential.
· Ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
· An excellent communicator who can work calmly under pressure.
· Excellent IT skills, including Excel spreadsheets, Adobe, Photoshop.
· QS Experience would be an advantage but not essential.
· In terms of the candidate, we need somebody to hit the ground running so experience is key. Ideally, they will have experience within the demolition sector but this isn’t a deal breaker. What is paramount is they are self-starters, have a can-do attitude and can work within a robust working environment. In terms of experience the candidates should have at least 3 years experience operating within project management and be confident in running multiple contracts and sites. Should they have surveying experience that’s a plus.
· The role comes with a car, 20 days holiday + bank holidays etc.
· contract management: 2 years (Preferred)
· demolition: 5 years (Preferred)