Jan 04, 2022
£35,000 - £40,000 yearly
Ruislip HA4, UK
We are seeking an individual to work as a Materials Engineer in close coordination with the site team and the on-site laboratory.
· Review of requirements from Works Information, SCEWS and CRTs; advise on proposed amendments and derogations
· Review of environmental constraints and integrate into materials requirements/ specifications
· Review of design materials specifications
· Advise on required derogations and amendments of requirements, specifications, etc
· Coordination of materials specifications, ITP requirements and supply chain materials management during mobilization and works execution
· Cooperation and advise of environmental carbon team to meet carbon targets
· Review and refine delivery strategy and logistic constraints for earthworks and concrete in regards of material related issues
· Review and refine testing requirements and scope
· Review and detailed definition of testing facilities on site/ off site
· Review and refine testing procurement strategy, support in selection of subcontractors and contract development
· Development of templates for testing and technical assurance
· Development of testing and test record data base
· Review and advise of technical assurance requirements, procedures, templates and documents
· Review of requirements register and advise TA team
· Engagement with supply chain/ subcontractors, support of engineering, procurement and construction teams
· Support in recruitment of specialist staff for testing and materials management, assurance, testing
· Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
· HND /HNC / NVQ in a relevant subject beneficial.
· Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Materials or Earthworks is desirable
· Relevant Testing experience in Senior role
· Good communication skills, both written and verbally
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team
· Reliable with excellent timekeeping
· Willingness to work overtime which may also include weekend and/or night working
· A full driving license is appreciated
· Preferably an industry accredited safety training eg. CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
About The Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status