Jan 04, 2022
£45,000 - £55,000 yearly
We are current working with an established Main Contractor who have been operating for over 50 years and currently turnover in the region of £40m. . They work with local authorities, major housing associations and prestigious organisations.
Their head office is in East London and they currently complete projects across London and the South East up to circa £15m.
Key in-house competencies include project and site management, surveying, buildability advice, estimating, supply chain management and resident liaison.
SECTORS: They deliver both new build and refurbished properties to the Housing, Healthcare, Education, Commercial and Leisure market sectors.
* Residential - Demolition of existing building, steel and concrete frame construction of 57 flats over 5 blocks.
* Residential - New build of 21 traditional build houses
* High End Residential - High specification refurbishment of 18th century, grade II listed, six storey townhouse.
* Mixed Use - 5 storey mixed use residential apartments, office space and commercial artist studio development.
Assistant Project Manager – East London
We are currently looking for an Assistant Projects Manager (Assistant Contracts Manager) that will report directly into a Senior Project Manager or Project Director. My client would consider someone who is a Site Manager currently who wants to move across into a more Project Manager position.
Individuals will typically work on schemes with values from £5 - £15 million.
The Assistant Projects Manager will typically work on 2 projects at one time managing and their role will take the scheme from cradle to grave.
The Assistant Projects Manager will be responsible for Program, Cost & Quality….
* Assist their line manager with the Program, breaking everything down, understand risk and again take charge of his team. This person will need to provide short term programs to the team.)
* Run procurement with their Senior Project Manager/Project Director, Quantity Surveyor for subcontractors, labour, and materials.
* Manage the client and consultancy team. There will be a Design Coordinator/manager but again, the Projects Managers will lead on this.
* Manage and take control of any delays, variations, etc with the team.
Experience / What they are looking for from an individual:
* Leadership and Management Skills
* Good Communication Skills
* Highly safety conscious
* Multi sector exp ideally, Education, Housing, Heritage, Commercial, Leisure – (Private sector and public sector)
* Ideally some level of JCT suite of contracts experience
* D&B experience – Including single and two stage tenders.
* Some level of Programming experience (Asta)
* Some level of technical knowledgeable. They work on most general construction methods, including modern methods of construction, steel frame, concrete frame, timber frame etc