Jan 08, 2022
£50,000 - £60,000 yearly
Solihull, West Midlands
A prestigious luxury house builder are looking to recruit looking to recruit a Senior Land Appraisal Estimator to join the Division's Technical department in Solihull.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the role of Estimator prepares cost plans for appraisal of development/land opportunities and ensures that all estimating work required to deliver the business unit output is completed in the most timely, accurate, efficient and effective manner possible.
Principal Accountabilities Of The Role Include
* Prepare initial viabilities for all land bids for sign off by Technical Director.
* Liaise with Land Department over current and future development opportunities.
* Prepare viability estimates of all construction costs, including all site abnormals, professional fees, site management costs and preliminaries.
Input of all development costs into appraisal /viabilities. Support 'value engineering' exercises at appraisal/pre-start stage.
* Obtain specialist quotations such as demolition and the like required for removing the risk from land viabilities. * Where full viabilities are required, ensure they comply with the provisions set out within the Group Guidelines on Viabilities, Budgets and Valuations.
* Assist the Commercial Manager with the preparation of pre-budget costs for sites.
* Assist with review of Site Budget and Analysis of Variance reports that are required for issue of site budgets in accordance with Group Guidelines on Viabilities, Budgets and Valuations.
* Provide guidance to Surveyors as required at handover stage of project.
* Collate and submit statistical analysis as required.
A privately-owned property development company specialising in the construction of sustainable, high-quality bespoke residential dwellings. They are funded by a property company, and have the availability of substantial cash resources from internal funds which enables them to maximise the potential of a wide range of exciting residential development opportunities. The portfolio is currently valued in excess of £1bn and benefits from its geographical diversity across the UK, Germany and the USA.
It is likely you will have previously worked as either a Land Appraisal Estimator,Land Estimator,Senior Estimator,Commercial Manager,Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Estimator or Trainee Estimator in a similar house building environment.
- Experience of working as an Estimator for a national house builder
Qualifications and Training
- Current CSCS card or equivalent Skills and Aptitude
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Excellent attention to detail -
Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Good administration skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
- Office based role, with travel within the Divisional area.
- Ability to travel to development sites as and when required.
If you feel that you have the correct skills for this role then please forward CV's to Adam Shaw on Email on the link provided
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website