Jan 11, 2022
10 Private Rd 2050, Oxford, MS 38655, USA
In order to provide the best services to the community, a council in the Northeast seeks an innovative and creative Structural Engineer/Technical Services Officer.
As Technical Service Officer/ Structural Engineer in the Council’s Corporate Landlord and Capital Department, you will possess extensive professional structural design experience, strong negotiation, consultation and influencing skills.
Specialist duties and responsibilities may include ‘some or all’ of the list below:
* Knowledge of traditional and system-built properties including general advice on maintenance and repair
* Structural design i.e. reinforced concrete, composite structure, timber, masonry and structural steel.
* Structural design and feasibility assessments
* Structural surveys and investigations including stability and condition assessments
* Subsidence and ground stability assessments
* Construction and maintenance of road, walls and buildings
* Party Wall assessments and advice in accordance with the Party Wall Act
* Long term monitoring and health and safety inspections of council owned properties
* Building Regulations checking – Part A, Structure
* You will be required to participate in an emergency “out of hours” standby telephone duty system operating on a rota basis, and by agreement, participate in a voluntary “out of hours” emergency call out system operating on a rota system.
* Environmental and contaminated land and property assessments including undertaking desk-based studies and procuring specialist site investigations, advising on flood risk and drainage strategies and undertaking land profiling exercises
* Manage ongoing structural maintenance and repair contracts for example Multi-Storey Car Parks
* Manage demolition contracts and land remediation schemes from feasibility stage to completion of works on site.
* Perform role of Technical Advisor on major capital schemes within the council.
* 6 month contract.
* Hybrid Working (2/3 days on site and work from home).
* Working hours: 37
* Immediate start.
If any of this seems interesting to you or something you'd like to learn more about, please apply and I'll contact you to chat more about the job