Jan 13, 2022
£30,000 - £40,000 yearly
SHEQ Advisor (Marine Division)
An opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (SHEQ) Advisor to provide qualified professional support and advice to the Shield Group.
Established in 1979, Shield Services Group has become one of the largest national Specialist Contractors of site and premises works for construction, demolition and refurbishment projects, on land and sea. The Shield Group have grown steadily over the years, covering England and Wales, and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. The Shield Group offer services including Asbestos Removal, Scaffolding, Demolition, Mechanical & Electrical, Fire & Security, Marine and Insulation, striving to be the best in whatever industry we operate. Shield Services Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic SHEQ advisor to join our team. The role will be mixed between site and office and will cover sites in the South, Midlands and North of UK. The ideal candidate would have a background in construction with a knowledge of the Marine industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To report into the Head of SHEQ
* To assist the Managing Director in all matters relating to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental management within the Shield Group.
* Lead with the recertification of accreditations including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
* Monitor and measure the Health, Safety and Environmental performance within the Shield Group Continually drive improvement in SHEQ standards within the Shield Group.
* To aid the company to meet its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to Environmental management, Health, Safety and welfare at work.
* Provide comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental advice to all employees and managers.
* Ensure best practice and lessons learned are learnt through continuous improvement
* Responsibility for driving a positive SHEQ culture across the business
* Conducting and managing a programme of audits and inspections as necessary to monitor Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental performance.
* Liaison as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities.
* Aid with the existing SHEQ Management system including writing and reviewing procedures, policies, templates and toolbox talks.
* Undertake accidents, incidents & Near miss investigation ensuring root causes are establishing and implement recommendations to prevent recurrence.
* Assess fire risk in workplaces.
* Keep up-to-date with changes in relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
The successful candidate will have:
* Have a minimum of 1 years experience within a Health & Safety role
* Ability to conduct site inspection and identify suitable corrective measures. Excellent organisational skills
* Knowledge of the Marine industry would be an advantage
* Experience with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 audit
* Be a team player who is trustworthy, presentable and professional with excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Be able to work without supervision and demonstrate effective self-management.
* Be able to effectively prioritise work whilst under time-pressures.
* Computer literate – Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Powerpoint etc.
* Be prepared to travel and stay away overnight where required.
* NEBOSH General Certificate (Required)
* ISO qualification - Desirable
* General Construction experience
* Experience within the Marine industry would be an advantage
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Preferably South of UK although flexible
For further information on the role and the company please APPLY NOW