Jan 14, 2022
Clyst St Mary, Devon
Trainee Organics Manager
£-Attractive salary plus bonus
Our client provides a range of recycling and waste management services to the construction & demolition, commercial & industrial and local authority sectors as well as the general public. An exciting opportunity current exists for a graduate to join the company as a Trainee Organics Manager. Working directly with the Organics Manager, you will receive the opportunity to learn all aspects of the ‘green’ composting operation and develop industry specific qualifications. The operation receives, shreds and screens household garden waste material as part of a local authority contract to produce a finished PAS100 compost product. The operation receives about 50,000 tonnes of garden waste per year.
Responsibilities will include:
* Contract management, including monthly reporting and liaising with the local council.
* Financial management and systems including understanding and complying with budgets.
* Understand all aspects of the regulatory and compliance requirements, which includes PAS100. Full training will be given.
* Understand the day-to-day operations and develop skills on the operation plant and equipment.
* Receive third party training as required (i.e. COTC Composting)
* Working with internal staff as required including providing leadership and as the post develops.
* Hold a scientific/environmental degree
* Willingness to learn new skills
* Ability to communicate well at all levels
* Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
* Flexible and willing to shift focus on Company/team priorities.
This is full-time, permanent opportunity, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.