Jan 15, 2022
£42,000 - £48,000 yearly
this is a permanent vacancy*
Our client are one of the UK's leading construction and development companies with a history of delivering large scale projects including Student Accommodation, Hotels and PRS schemes with values ranging £20m-£100m.
They currently have a requirement for a Logistics Manager who has experience of high rise, mixed use PRS developments (or similar schemes e.g. student accommodation or hotels) to join their team ahead of a new project beginning in early 2022 in Nottingham.
This scheme is a High rise RC frame tower, consisting of circa 350 private apartments and associated amenities including 10,000 sq ft of commercial space and 8,500 sq ft community space.
The site team arrive on site in January 2022, to begin a 5 month demolition phase, before main construction begins and runs through until quarter 1 2025.
The scheme will be overseen by a strong team of long-standing operational and commercial staff including a Senior Site Manager, Site Managers and Engineer alongside technical and commercial teams. They now require an experienced Logistics Manager to oversee and head up the scheme, reporting to the Construction Director.
Role Purpose and Summary
Responsible for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optimisation of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The logistics manager will be required to manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
Core Objectives - Specific Expectations of the Role
* Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently
* Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people. Lay down areas and offloading points
* Pre-plan the usage of key assets such as hoists to ensure planned assets meet the needs of the program
* Create and maintain a secure site
* Co-ordinate all traffic management internally and externally, including weighbridges and road network cleanliness
* Manage installation of site accommodation and continued management of these facilities.
* Create operational procedures and method statements.
* Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
* Produce daily, weekly and long-term movements plans.
* Maintain understanding of procurement arrangements.
* Control materials in and out of site.
* Plan and integrate with key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme and de-confliction of on-site space and time where appropriate.
* Assist in the evaluation of potential logistic suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems
* Variation control and early communication of foreseeable change.
* Maintain knowledge and understanding of commercial / contracts.
* Organise resources to enable contract deadlines to be achieved.
* Ensure logistics activities are not a constraining factor on the program, where deemed unavoidable ensuring the issues are communicated in order that de-confliction can occur.
* Ensuring the organisation's safety policies are followed.
* Create of site-specific safety manual and ensure first aid cover and equipment is present.
* Ensuring that material movement to and from the workface does not cause damage or injury to the works, the workforce or the public.
Please get in touch today with our Consultant Alex Marsh on (phone number removed) for more details on opportunities available, or apply below with your CV.