Oct 30, 2020
Solihull, West Midlands (County)
Role: Senior Civil Planning Engineer
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £32 - £33 per hour
You will be responsible for delivering facility solutions, globally, across the manufacturing sites and will be responsible for leading civil engineering projects with a bias towards planning and proposals. Working across RIBA stages 0-7, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of civil engineering projects within our global construction and facility projects that will include product implementation programmes, technology innovation, legacy facility improvement projects and capital investment projects.
Duties & responsibilities:
* Jointly develop the civil engineering strategy for the manufacturing facilities and infrastructure.
* Provide expert civil engineering technical expertise and support to manufacturing by assessing and developing the capability and capacity at their facilities and supporting equipment, aligned to the programme milestones, launch plans and production requirements.
* Biased towards planning activities and proposals.
* Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers, and clients
* Supervise tendering procedures and put together proposals
* Use computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing of projects Expert in Primavera P6 and BIM planning tools.
* Expert in cost estimating, utilising QS to develop cost estimates.
* Joint responsibility for feasibility and cost evaluations for civil engineering on proposed new or modified facilities and processes define robust delivery plans with minimised disruption to operations.
* Projects include: Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations, Major new build construction, Strip-out and demolition of existing facilities (Inc. floor slabs, drainage, hard standing), Extension to existing facilities (new slabs, drainage, hardstanding, roadways), Major internal refurbishment of existing facilities Inc. floor slab design and replacement, Major refurbishment / new installations of building mechanical & electrical installations, Minor refurbishment of building facilities including offices, amenity and catering areas Civil works associated with external areas i.e. roadways, drainage, new hard standing
* Responsibility for the delivery of civil engineering solutions that are suited to the capabilities of an appropriate facility and its associated process characteristics
* Liaising with, and obtaining, statutory approvals associated with civil works and works on the highways.
* Responsibility for the delivery of robust/lean layout solutions to support facility project delivery or process/operational efficiency improvements.
* Lead and manage the support and input of all relevant stakeholders to achieve acceptance, buy-off and successful handover of new or refurbished facilities.
* Ensure compliance with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2017 for all civil engineering projects.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
* ICE or similar civil engineering professional qualification.
* 5 years' recent UK experience working on live projects with experience across all construction types.
* Extensive construction industry experience of leading civil engineering on new-build, refurbishment, and extension schemes across all RIBA stages
* Excellent working knowledge and practical use of REVIT and AutoCAD is essential.
* Primavera P6 scheduling.
* 5 years’ experience of working on large UK projects, preferably in the core sectors to the business of Manufacturing, Logistics and Commercial.
* Extensive experience leading construction projects in the role of Civil Engineer.
* Extensive engineering and manufacturing background with previous experience in Facilities Development in Engineering.
* Experience within the Facilities development across a variety of industries and geographies.
* Proven experience of contract and performance management and management of Services Level Agreements.
* Experience of FMEA tools, reliability and maintainability principals and an understanding of the environmental impacts of engineering solutions
* Significant contract and performance management experience including administering JCT, NEC and FIDIC standard forms of contract.
* Experience of working in partnership with a Trade Union Flexibility to be able to operate across all locations, which on some occasions may result in significant time (several weeks) overseas or away from home.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. APMP, PMP or similar project management qualification.
* Knowledge and practical experience of National Building Specification (NBS) software.
* Experience and working knowledge of CAD. Practical experience up to Level 2 BIM