Our client currently has an exciting new opportunity to join their busy and expanding Skip Hire Division as a Logistics Manager. This is a family run business which specialises in construction, waste management, plant hire, demolition and transport operations and has been in operation for 40 years.
The role will be based from their main waste facility at Moreton Valence in Gloucester and the Tewkesbury waste depot, where the Logistics Manager will manage the Skip Hire division.
The successful candidate
* The successful candidate must have previous experience of managing in a transport environment and be confident in these duties
* They must also be able to train and guide staff when necessary
* The successful candidate will need a financial and commercial understanding and awareness
* Able to create, develop and maintain strong working relationship with customers
* Good decision-making skills, able to analyse, prioritise and plan as well as responding to quickly changing workloads
* Take overall responsibility for the Skip Hire department.
* Line manage three routers and take overall responsibility for drivers.
* You will be required to effectively and efficiently manage the Skip Hire fleet in accordance with customer, company, contractual and legislative requirements.
* To develop and maintain excellent open lines of effective communication both internally and externally. Whilst maintaining a positive "can do" approach to all tasks, whilst being approachable at all times.
* Integration and close working relationships with Skip Hire Division managers and supervisors and other divisional managers and supervisors.
* To build pro-active relationships with departmental managers and teams ensuring that skip hire business benefits from the specialist skills and support available.
* To problem solve and have the ability to route vehicles effectively, taking into consideration account profit and productivity.
* To ensure that Skip Hire is providing a safe and cost effective day to day operation that meets, if not exceeds, customer expectations, both internal and external.
* To fully exploit commercial opportunities.
* To maximise productivity and achieve company KPI's
* To keep drivers informed about any changes in procedures and provide them with relevant information about their work, legislation and training if necessary. Arrange and conduct driver's meetings/tool box talks, to ensure all drivers are kept up to date with company activities including current, new and future legislation.
* Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 17:00
* Salary: £30-£40k depending on experience
* Life assurance scheme
* Competitive salary
* Corporate gym membership discount
* Free tea and coffee
* Free onsite parking
* Company mobile phone
* Company vehicle/car allowance
* Support of a friendly and knowledgeable team
* A busy and varied role
* Employee discount on Skip Hire
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.