We are a specialist demolition & enabling works contractor to the construction industry, working across London and the Home Counties. We work predominately on projects as a Main Contractor up to a value of £3m.
With our business rapidly growing, we are looking for someone to join our team - as a Project Quantity Surveyor.
The ideal candidate will need to be proven in commercial and risk management for similar sized contractors within the region.
Job Description We have a busy workload, often with multiple and diverse projects running simultaneously. Therefore, we require a strong team player who has the ability to operate and excel within a small team, across numerous projects. You will be involved in/responsible for tendering for projects, cost planning management and forecasting, CVR reporting and risk management. Liaison and management of subcontractors will be part of your day-to-day work. Furthermore, you will be required to visit sites and liaise with operational teams as part of the commercial management process. As such, it is imperative that you can work effectively with others.
• Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers, and site staff.
• Maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
• Maintain and manage any contractual change on the projects
• Working closely with the Commercial Manager to assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
Required Experience and Skills
• Understanding of industry and sector
• Background with a Main Contractor (preferable)
• Degree qualified (preferable)
• Professional membership of RICS or ICES (preferable)
• Proven track record managing commercial aspects of projects £300k+
• Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple workloads efficiently
• Experience working on JCT/NEC contracts and an understanding of the contractual risks on the projects
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.