Trainee/ Graduate Building Surveyor
Salary: Up to £23,000
Location: Matlock (Work local to Derby)
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Building Surveyor based in Derby. Our client is looking for someone with a willingness to learn, a desire to grow and achieve a professional qualification and someone who can work well in a team. Ideally the candidate will have a degree in Building Surveying but equivalent experience will suffice.
With regards to scale, the company has worked on a variation of projects, notably they have also worked on multi-million-pound projects in which they collaboratively provide all services under one roof. They are a are multiple disciplinary company, dealing in every aspect of the designing business apart from contract work. The role is based in Matlock and all the work is local to the Derbyshire area.
* Provide a detailed analysis and assessment of a building’s condition and integrity. This can be for existing assets or a property that a client is considering purchasing
* Liaise with various suppliers, clients and managing agents to arrange site inspections nationwide
* Party Wall Matters,Measured Surveys, Demolition and Enabling works, Conducting Repair and Refurb Surveys on Commercial and Retail Projects
* Planned Maintenance Programmes + Asset Management Surveys
What’s in it for you?
* Discounted Gym Membership
* Flu Vaccinations
* Entertainment Scheme
* Discount Pack
* Employee Referral Scheme
* Bike2Work Scheme
* Flexible Working (Office open working hours between 7am and 7pm)
* Green Travel Plan
* Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
* Competitive Company Pension Scheme
* O2 Open Perks
* Training & Development
What we’re looking for:
* Support colleagues and work collaboratively to develop the business.
* Attention to detail - Able to deliver clear and accurate information
* Customer focused – you put the customer first
* You should be independent when necessary- take initiative
* Organisational skills- able to meet deadlines
* Willingness/ eagerness to learn
* Flexible attitude
* Degree in Building Surveying (or suitable experience)
* Desire to achieve Chartership
* A minimum of one year’s Building Surveying experience
* An appropriate level of knowledge of building construction and building regulations with an understanding of planning legislation and health and safety
* Microsoft Office proficiency
* Experience using AutoCAD/ CAD
* Full UK driving licence
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.