Senior Building Surveyor:
Salary: £50,000 plus Car Allowance
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor based in Ipswich. This is an opportunity to work for a company who works across several sector’s in the industry. Our client is looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years Building Surveying experience, ideally someone with Chartership, this is ideal but not essential. Someone who can lead a team but also works well within a team environment, the ability to lead a project from the initial brief through all stages to completion is key. Ideally the candidate will have a degree in Building Surveying, but equivalent experience will suffice.
With regards to scale, the company has worked on a variation of projects, notably they have also worked on multi-million-pound projects in which they collaboratively provide all services under one roof. They are a are multiple disciplinary company, dealing in every aspect of the designing business apart from contract work. The office is based in Ipswich and all the work is local to the office.
-Provide a detailed analysis and assessment of a building’s condition and integrity. This can be for existing assets or a property that a client is considering purchasing
-Advise clients on schemes and projects to determine requirements
-Leading and managing all aspects of Building Surveying commissions
- Delegating responsibility for tasks throughout the team
- Maintain and receive information into the information model
- Co-ordinated delivery of all design information
- Enable integration and co-ordination of information within information model
- Direct the production of task information in compliance with standards and methods
- Direct the production of task information using agreed systems
-Ensure projects are completed on budget and to schedule. Proactively take ownership of projects and drive them forwards to completion.
-Manage information development and information approvals
-Demolition and Enabling works.
-Party Wall Matters
-Planned Maintenance Programmes + Asset Management Surveys
What’s in it for you?
* Discounted Gym Membership
* Flu Vaccinations
* Entertainment Scheme
* Discount Pack
* Employee Referral Scheme
* Bike2Work Scheme
* Flexible Working (Office open working hours between 7am and 7pm)
* Green Travel Plan
* Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
* Competitive Company Pension Scheme
* O2 Open Perks
* Training & Development
What we’re looking for:
* Strong Communication skills
* Experience with BIM responsibilities
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* A comprehensive knowledge of building construction and building regulations with an understanding of planning legislation and health and safety
* Microsoft Office proficient
* Flexible attitude
* Degree in Building Surveying (or suitable experience)
* Chartership (ideal not essential)
* A minimum of 5 year’s Building Surveying experience
* Leadership qualities
* Full UK driving licence
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.