An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Construction Quality Manager to join a successful charitable housing association company based in North and East London. You will take a leading role in the scrutiny of design information and technical requirements and will conduct site quality inspections from groundwork’s through to completion and the defects period for new build and refurbishment housing developments in North and East London.
BTEC Level 4, HNC, HND, NVQ4 or higher in Building/Construction discipline (or equivalent experience)
SMSTS or NEBOSH equivalent & CSCS accreditation
Membership of CIAT, CIOB, ICWCI or RICS an advantage
Minimum 5 years’ experience in one of the following roles (preferably housing sector)
* Site Quality Manager/Finishing Foreman
* Site Inspector
* Clerk of Works
* Architect or Building Surveyor with full inspection role
* Experience of Technical Design and Procurement (RIBA Stages 3-5) of housing in the UK would be an advantage.
* Experience of auditing design & construction information prior to commencement of works
* Experience of inspecting construction projects at all stages of construction from demolition/site clearance to handover including standard setting, pre-close up, pre-strike, functional and snagging inspections.
* Experience of managing time-input across different sites and projects
Knowledge & Skills
* Understanding of both the current and emerging regulatory regime in respect of Building Regulations and Building Safety for residential construction
* Knowledge of other bodies whose requirements and standards are applicable to residential construction
* Thorough knowledge of building process and the roles of the different trades and professions
* Understanding of the client relationship with Contractors and housebuilders in Design and Build contracts/ Development Agreements respectively
* Ability to read and interpret design and fabrication drawings and specifications
* Ability to keep abreast of changes in construction and service technologies and standards
* Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including CDM 2015
* Practical knowledge of mechanical and electrical installations
* Ability to make concise factual reports both verbally and in writing
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the aspirations of tenants and leaseholders and be committed to meeting these wherever possible
Microsoft Word for report writing and for downloading of digital site progress photographs (essential)
Microsoft Outlook for time management and communications (essential)
Microsoft Excel for interrogation of spreadsheets
Mobile working software for site inspections (preferred)
As part of the client team, you will have the opportunity to influence decision making at project stages, from setting technical requirements through planning, detailed design and construction to completion, handover and the resolution of defects.
You will have significant site experience and technical expertise in the construction industry, some of which will have been gained within the housing sector. You will also be fully familiar with current building practice and regulations and have an understanding of the emerging requirements in respect of fire and structural safety of residential buildings.
You will have substantial experience of conducting standard setting, quality, pre-close up, functional and snagging inspections on construction sites. An understanding of the constraints and pressures that accompany housing development, particularly at handover and defects stage, is also essential.
Not only will you be an experienced and talented construction professional but your broader skills, commitment to diversity and values driven way of working will mean that you stand out from your peers.
Working out of purpose built offices, you can expect 27 days holiday, a non-contributory pension, excellent benefits and a flexi scheme. There is also the opportunity to work from home on some days, dependent on the requirements of the role
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.