We’re proud to be working with Goldstar Metal Traders, who are one of the fastest growing recycling companies in the UK operating throughout East Anglia and the Midlands. With over 50 years combined experience in the recycling industry, they have vast experience in many aspects of waste management, recycling, demolition & refuse.
Due to continued growth, Goldstar Metal Traders have a fantastic opportunity to become a Banksman at their March depot to assist the Yard Supervisor in managing traffic in and out of a busy scrap metal yard.
Key duties/responsibilities to include:
* Guiding the movement of all vehicles in a busy Metal Recycling Yard
* Briefing and instructing all drivers and employees on the loading and unloading of vehicles where required
* Ensuring anyone on site is wearing the correct PPE
* Grading metals and ensuring loads are tipped in the correct areas or bays
* Ensuring working areas and bays are kept tidy and hazard free
* That all visitors and drivers operate within the company’s health and safety policies
What will I need…?
The successful Banksman will ideally have previous Banksman experience although full training can be given to the right candidate. You will need good communication skills as you will be always liaising with drivers and other employees.
Key skills, knowledge, and experience required:
* Ideally will have experience grading metals
* Previous experience of working in a Scrap Metal Yard an advantage
* Health and Safety awareness/experience is necessary
* Any forklift experience would be highly advantageous although not essential
In return Goldstar Metal Traders can offer
* Attractive salary
* PPE equipment provided
* Full comprehensive training
If you feel you meet the criteria and want to be considered for the Banksman role, please apply now!
Job title: Banksman
Hours: Monday – Friday 7am-5pm
Starting salary: £26,(Apply online only) - £31,(Apply online only) per annum depending on experience + bonus scheme(after successful completion of probation)
Job Reference: CTNGJ1386
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.