Nov 10, 2020
£25,000 - £30,000 yearly
We are currently recruiting for a Structural Technician to join a growing and dynamic privately owned Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy based in the heart of Nottingham.
Due to continued growth and projects secured, our client is actively recruiting for an experienced Structural Technician to play a key role in the design, planning and construction across a variety of interesting projects including Student Accommodation, Residential, Education, Leisure and Retail.
As a Structural Technician, you will be responsible for the design and construction of buildings and structures to ensure they are safe and structurally sound.
Roles and responsibilities (but not limited to):
* Inspecting buildings to assess their structural integrity
* Working closely with design teams and other professionals on construction plans
* Developing design ideas, using computer aided design software, predominately REVIT
* Using computer modelling simulations to predict how structures will act under varying conditions, i.e. high winds, flooding or earth tremors
* Investigating the properties of materials like glass, steel and concrete, and advising on which may be most suitable for the job
* Working out the loads and stresses on different parts of a structure like the foundations, beams, arches and walls
* Assisting in the inspection of unsafe buildings and recommending options for repairs or demolition
* Providing technical engineering advice
* Obtaining planning and building regulation approvals.
The ideal candidate:
* Proven track record and extensive industry experience in Structural Design
* Highly proficient in Revit software package and excellent IT skills
* Able to effectively work autonomously and also within a team
* Achieved accredited Engineering Technician status (i.e. EngTech)
* Able to meet deadlines with strong organisational skills
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with one of the region’s leading Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancies with unlimited career progression along with a highly competitive salary + full professional package