Nov 12, 2020
CV35, Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Rate: Up to £31.80 Ph Ltd/Umbrella Company (inside IR35)
Employment Type: Contract
Hours: Standard 40 Hours Per Week
The role of Civil Engineer for Manufacturing Engineering will be responsible for delivering facility solutions, globally, across manufacturing sites and will be responsible for leading civil engineering projects. Working across RIBA stages 0-7, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of civil engineering projects within our global construction and facility projects that will include product implementation programmes, technology innovation, legacy facility improvement projects and capital investment projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Develop the civil engineering strategy for manufacturing facilities and infrastructure.
* Provide expert civil engineering technical expertise and support to manufacturing by assessing and developing the capability and capacity at facilities and supporting equipment, aligned to the programme milestones, launch plans and production requirements.
* Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients
* Supervise tendering procedures and put together proposals
* Use computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing of projects
* Responsibility for feasibility and cost evaluations for civil engineering on proposed new or modified facilities and processes define robust delivery plans with minimised disruption to operations.
Typical projects include:
* Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations
* Major new build construction
* Strip-out and demolition of existing facilities (inc. floor slabs, drainage, hard standing)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential:
* ICE or similar civil engineering professional qualification.
* 10 years' recent UK experience working on live projects with experience across all construction types.
* Extensive construction industry experience of leading civil engineering on new-build, refurbishment and extension schemes across all RIBA stages
* Excellent working knowledge and practical use of REVIT and AutoCAD is essential.
* Experience within the Facilities development across a variety of industries and geographies.
* Proven experience of contract and performance management and management of Services Level Agreements.
* Experience of FMEA tools, reliability and maintainability principals and an understanding of the environmental impacts of engineering solutions
* Business transformational and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
* Significant contract and performance management experience including administering JCT, NEC and FIDIC standard forms of contract.
* Strong change management and project management skills
* Experience in managing external service providers.
* Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
* Demonstrable and experience in the application of a logical approach to Problem Solving.
* Working knowledge and experience of delivering safety metrics and the understanding safety systems applicable to plant & equipment.
* Proven ability to work within tight deadlines & be able to manage and prioritise multiple activities simultaneously.
* Experience and working knowledge of Health and Safety and ergonomics including risk assessments.
* Ability to make short presentations to work groups and senior management
Do not miss out on your chance of interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications