Warringtonfire, part of the Element Group, has exciting plans for growth with our proposed relocation to Birchwood Park, Warrington. As part of our growth plans we will be expanding our Fire Resistance team with opportunities for Technical Assistants.
As a Technical Assistant you will be performing a variety of fire tests on items such as roller shutter doors, fire doors and building materials amongst others. Our testing determines whether our clients' products perform as intended.
By joining our internationally recognised business you will receive a competitive salary along with our enhanced holiday, pension and enhanced benefits. Additionally, we believe that you should be working to develop your career. Through our Career Ladder professional development scheme we will work with you to progress your ambitions to become an expert in your field.
* Liaising with and assisting the client, including contractors and third parties, during construction of test specimens
* Preparation of test specimens in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate Standard and internal procedures under the supervision of the Testing / Technical Officer and Laboratory Supervisor /
* Team Leader, when required
* Determination of physical properties of test specimens and / or component parts, where required
* Instrumentation of test specimens and preparation of diagram showing positions and types of all instrumentation used
* Operation of furnace and any ancillary equipment to ensure compliance with the appropriate test requirements, when required
* Evaluating the performance of the specimen/s in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate test standard, where appropriate and under the supervision of the Testing / Technical Officer responsible
* Demolition and safe disposal of test specimens within a reasonable time frame after the test to ensure maximum utilisation of each frame
* Ensuring the laboratory is clean and tidy at all times, particularly with respect to the furnace to which you have been allocated
Skills / Qualifications
* Experience or knowledge of working to Standard Operating Procedures within strict Health & Safety Guidelines
* Practical skills for using tools within a construction / engineering / shop fitting environment
* Interest in materials testing
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Self-starter with good organisation skills
* Proactive, logical and methodical
* Possess a valid FLT license desired
* Ability to work to these shift patterns of which an allowance is paid:
Week 1 6am to 2pm Monday to Friday
Week 2 10am to 8pm Monday to Thursday
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.