ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN – Interiors & Construction Company
RESPONSIBLE TO: - MANAGING DIRECTOR DESIGN DIRECTOR
Candidates MUST be happy to work 100% in the office, no flexible or home working and that they have good command of English ideally with commercial office / fit out experience. Experience in REVIT & CAD IS A MUST.
D&B industry experience preferred but if we feel the experience is transferable and the candidate has the can do attitude that is the biggest thing for us. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, needs to take feedback well as we have a design lead process that is by nature highly iterative.
Projects range between large transformation higher education, Cat A and Cat B office design, Hotel and Conference spaces, Gyms and Medical educational facilities. It’s good to highlight we offer a varied range of projects both within sector, size and value and all across London and UK.
Looking for a relatively quick start so anything longer than a months’ notice period might be problematic.
To provide design solutions that meet both client and the clients objectives.
To participate in and support a team, taking responsibility for architectural & CAD systems.
To assist in the management of the overall design solution from conception to project completion.
Responsible for the production of quick but accurate outline CAD drawings including general layouts, high level services, low level services, building control, demolition layouts, finishes layout, partitioning setting out layouts and as-built drawings for the design team.
• To assess project design requirements and provide fit for purpose solutions commensurate with standards as a leading fit-out specialist.
• To work with the project team to ensure successful project implementation.
• To monitor work on site to ensure site standards are maintained.
• To continuously monitor and improve Design and CAD systems and standards.
• To ensure the highest standards of Health & Safety within the company, including adherence to all CDM requirements.
• Responsible for production of all detail design drawings required by Construction Managers and Sub-contractors.
• Production of presentation material incorporating drawings and images using the programme Adobe Indesign.
• Assisting the design team to ensure agreed drawing procedures are followed whilst continually monitoring and improving standards.
• Undertake full site surveys and ensure all the drawings indicate the right high level and low level grids.
• To ensure that all the drawings comply strictly with UK Building
Control Regulations and the Design Disability Act.
• Liaise with Design Director, Project Director, Technical Director and Construction Manager to ensure every Client change is reflected on the drawings.
• To ensure that all project folders are always filed correctly on the server and that there is a record for every single drawing produced.
• To comply with all company policies and procedures that relate to anti-bribery, quality, environment and health and safety.
• Experience in commercial office interiors
• AutoCAD 2000 onwards – to advanced level
• Microsoft Excel – advanced level
• Adobe InDesign – advanced level
• Microsoft Powerpoint – advanced level
• Adobe Photoshop – advanced level
• High level of self motivation, enthusiasm and ambition • Desire to succeed, positive can-do attitude and team player.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Relevant BTec or higher qualification
Interiors and corporate experience
Adobe Creative Suite
AutoCAD with ATG
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.