Senior Engineer. Major Basement construction. Groundworks & RC frame with precast RC elements. Oxford, 30 weeks. Civil Engineering contractor. Working with Design team on a very interesting project for one of the Oxford colleges. £280 - £320 Cis negotiable. Start asap.
Civil Engineer. Degree qualified with 4-5 years site experience in Groundworks, RC or “Cut and Carve” working for reputable contractors. Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Bluebeam with good communication skills. You will be involved with excavation, drainage, substructural and superstructural RC works; also waterproofing for the basement structures.
Duties and scope of activities:
* Managing the elements below with a team of 2 to 3 setting out engineers and a document controller.
* Some setting out to assist the team when busy
* Aconex is the Filing system in use with Wates, (similar to 4 Projects), all Information is uploaded downloaded through this.
* RC Detailing – Experience. CADs employed to detail the design to Ramboll (Wates Structural Engineer). Design intent.
* Precast Wall design – supply and fix by Contractor.
* Precast Columns – Design Supply and fix by Contractor.
* Precast Stairs and Landing – with Balustrades.
* Ordering of Reinforcement.
* Waterproofing design and installation.
* Drainage Design and installation.
The Project: New laboratory, research, and educational facilities in 7 floors of RC and precast structures incorporating the latest energy saving materials and construction methods. Incorporating soft and hard landscaping.
Your Profile. A Civil Engineering Degree, a good track record of working with a recognised main or sub-contractor where you may have been setting out on a large project and be seeking a chance to progress or are seeking the chance to demonstrate untapped potential for a responsive employer. A good understanding of AutoCAD / Bluebeam is essential. Fully IT conversant, you will have good oral and written communication skills. CSCS and SMSTS are needed.
Company profile. The business continues to grow working on groundworks, civil engineering, construction, decommissioning, demolition, land remediation, drainage solutions and reinforced concrete frames as well as having specialist divisions in the design and construction of basements
Health & Safety is of extremely high importance on all the sites and the Company monitors levels of health and safety and understands the importance of integrating and working closely with site teams to ensure a safe working environment for everyone concerned. You will be expected to promote a strong Health & Safety culture.
Remuneration. £280 - £320 CIS negotiable.
Only applicants who are legally entitled to live and work in the UK will be considered. You should live within 45 minutes of Oxford as it is necessary to use the Park & Ride facility to access the site with a 15 minute bus trip
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.