Konnect are currently recruiting for a Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a local Civil Engineering firm, based in Winchester. Our client specialises in Civil Engineering, ground-works, Demolition, Remediation and Soil treatment.
Our client is expanding due to demands of up and coming projects. across both the commercial and residential sectors.
* Measurement, pricing, and evaluation of tenders
* Assist the process from contract award through to final account agreement
* Cost management
* Administration of sub-contractor accounts
* Involvement in producing and submitting applications for payment
* Procurement of subcontractors
* Assist variations, ensuring only authorised variations are undertaken.
* Understand construction issues, drawings and works. Ensure projects have all current drawings/ up to date information to work from
* Understand procurement and its impact on job cost/performance
* Assist with valuation of completed work
* Relevant Qualification (e.g., HNC /HND/Degree/Diploma) preferred
* Relevant experience as an Assistant QS (1yr +)
* A background of working with sub-contractors in ground-works.
* Proficient computer skills particularly in excel.
* General knowledge of contracts/ contractual terms
* General reasoning ability and ability to take on new concepts quickly and efficiently.
* Possess good skill with numbers and strong mathematical ability.
* Ability to gather and analyse information skilfully.
* Good negotiation skills
If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please don't hesitate to contact Claire Spiers at Konnect Recruit
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.