Nov 13, 2020
Quantity Surveyor - 3 days per week
Contract - 12 Months
Swanscombe - Kent
My client a leading name in Demolition, require a Quantity Surveyor on contract working 3 days per week. The position will be based from their office in Swanscombe Kent and will also be site visits to the surrounding areas.
Due to continued expansion and growth they are looking for an ambitious and committed Quantity Surveyor to join our extremely successful and rapidly expanding Contracting department based at our head office in Swanscombe. This role will be working alongside the directors and contracts division, maintaining high standards which the company has already established.
* Carry out surveying duties on numerous contracts simultaneously, within the contracting department. This would involve working within many sub departments within the business including demolition and civils disciplines.
* Provide assistance, guidance and support to site operations teams and Contracts Managers on contractual obligations and the scope of works that is included within the contract.
* Manage subcontract packages where applicable, from the initial enquiry stage and procurement through to the agreement of subcontract final accounts. This includes ensuring that best value is achieved at all stages. You will also be required to manage interim applications and Payment Notices to subcontractors that have been appointed.
* Maintain and develop client relationships across the different contracts you are involved in.
* Ensure monthly/ interim valuations and applications are completed accurately and issued to clients in accordance with the requirements detailed within the contract. Ensuring this process is streamlined where possible to maximise cash flow and value where achievable. Liaise with the Land Surveyors closely to ensure applications reflect the work and scope completed on site and in turn value the work correctly.
* Keep Senior Management updated and informed of key issues that arise on contracts to ensure the appropriate management decisions are made and implement these decisions where necessary.
* Track changes to the scope and conditions of work when they occur and make sure these are correctly measured and valued. Wherever possible ensure changes are agreed in a timely manner through the course of projects.
* Monitor the programme along with the Site Management team and record issues that occur which may impact on the planned progress and completion of the works. Maintain strong working relationships with project delivery teams and keep accurate records of issues.
* Prepare detailed Final Accounts and supporting survey information required to ensure efficient and prompt agreement of accounts with clients. This also includes working closely with various departments such as Transport/Compliance to gain successful project results.
* Carry out administration of contracts when issued by clients. Be responsible for ensuring the order documents reflect what has been agreed during the tender stage. Review the contract scope along with the terms and conditions and agree any amendments that are required to ensure the allocation of risk is correctly distributed by the terms and conditions.
* Be proactive in ensuring payments from clients are received by the contract due dates.
* Play an active role alongside the contracting Finance Managers in completing monthly and end of contract CVR reports to enable project margins to be accurately reported to Senior Management.
Key Skills/Qualifications required
* Degree/HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying with a minimum of 5 years' experience
* Well organised, with great time management skills.
* Demolition or Civil background preferred.
* Experience within a contractor or subcontractor environment.
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledgeable on Quality Assurance procedures and company policies
* Knowledgeable on provisions of the Construction Act and other Contracts relating to suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Knowledge on JCT and NRM contracts and contract law.
Please send your most up to date CV to Adam at Consortio Recruitment, all correspondence will be treated in confidence