Competitive Salary + Bonus + Company Car/Car Allowance
We are expanding our motivated and high performing Midlands Construction team and are looking to recruit an individual with a proven track record in managing construction sites and being responsible for programming and organising resources is essential.
As a focussed Pre-Contract Manager, you will ensure that the pre-construction, site remediation, and demolition works are undertaken efficiently, and the site prepared for construction as quickly as possible. You will need to be tactful, influential and be able to motivate people, to ensure output is sufficient to meet critical site start dates.
Ideally you will have gained construction experience with a Residential Developer some of which will have been at site management level. Financial acumen is a pre-requisite as you will be required to read and understand drawings, specifications, subcontract form of agreements, purchase orders and on cost estimates.
You will have a sound knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and legislation, including CDM regulations and risk assessments is essential in this role. The Pre-Contracts Manager will have received appropriate CDM Co-ordinator training.
* Competitive bonus scheme
* Company Car Allowance/Car
* 24 days holiday (rising to 28) + Bank Holidays with the option to roll over
* Professional subscriptions paid for
* Excellent development opportunities
* 2 days paid volunteering leave per year (supported by the McCarthy Stone Foundation)
* Company pension scheme
* Represent the Company at key site surveys e.g. all ground testing exercises, asbestos, building conditions surveys, party wall etc., on sites either purchased or prior to purchase. To ensure that as much site information is gathered as possible and is passed to the appropriate departments, particularly information that could influence the budget costing process
* Monitor the clearance of Conditions Precedent planning conditions and assist the Design Department to ensure that ‘constructional’ planning conditions are discharged as smoothly and quickly as possible. Resolve with Design all party wall and archaeological requirements.
* Organise all demolition works and where applicable the removal of any underground tanks and or cellars, supervise activities where necessary. Work with Design to arrange remediation work and liaise with Local Authority Environmental Departments and the Environment Agency when required
These are in addition to the core responsibilities of the role.
* Is likely to have a relevant construction, trade or professional qualification such as HNC/HND in building, construction related degree, NHBC Accreditation Programme or similar.
* Under the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) the Pre-Contracts Manager will require a black CSCS Manager card and will have or be working towards Contracts Manager NVQ5.
* Strong communication skills
These are in addition to the core skills required.
As the UK’s leading developer and manager of retirement communities, we provide high quality homes to exacting specifications. As of November 2021, McCarthy Stone operates 475 developments across the UK for more than 20,000 people.
We believe in championing the role, wellbeing, and happiness of older people in society. We help our customers have a better later life, so they feel more connected, recognised, and valued than ever. In late 2020 we launched the McCarthy Stone Charitable Foundation to support local causes that help older people in need across Britain.
We are proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work 2022 as well as making the Great Place to Work Wellbeing list
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.