Nov 14, 2020
Park Ln, Newtown SY16 1EN, UK
NEC 3 Supervisor – Contract
Location: West Wales
This is a unique opportunity to join a market leading company covering a range of sectors that incorporate energy, petrochemical, marine, infrastructure, logistics and more. The role will be supervising a new expansion of site infrastructure during an exciting period of growth.
The contract is c.12 months, while our client is looking for the Construction Supervisor to start in early January 2021.
Role & Responsibilities
* The Supervisor’s role is that of a “quality manager” who tests and inspects the works for compliance with the contract, and who manages the defects process and checks and marks materials off site so as to protect the Client’s interests.
* You will be involved initially in the demolition of the exiting site before then overseeing the construction of the new facility.
* Comply with all requirements of Clause 40 -45 inclusive of the NEC3 Contract (including any amendments to the Contract).
* Attend Risk Reduction meetings.
* Experience of time frame construction is essential.
* Prepare a monthly Supervisors report on all Quality aspects of the project.
* Acting as a “quality manager” who tests and inspects the works for compliance with the contract, and who manages the defects process so as to protect the Client’s interests.
* Witness all key demolition procedures for compliance with contract documents.
* Inspect the record drawings provided by the Contractor and ensure that they do not differ from the agreed plans.
* Liaise with the Contractor and designers to establish tests and inspections to be carried out in accordance with Scope as part of the Quality Management System and acceptance procedures.
* Keep records of tests, inspections and acceptances for inclusion in the Health & Safety File.
* Prepare regular reports outlining inspections undertaken/planned, defects raised/outstanding/accepted, independent tests required/undertaken with an updated R/A/G status against each item.
* Report on whether the Contractor is closing out defects in accordance with the contractual timeframes.
* Provide Defect Notification, Defects Register, Tests and Inspection Record Sheet and Register and Defects Certificate templates in accordance with NEC 3 contract for agreement with the PM prior to deploying.
* Attend Monthly Progress Meetings facilitated by the PM and report on Quality Issues with the Contractor and project team in attendance.
* Undertake a final inspection prior to the end of the Defects Period and identify any and all remaining defects to be corrected and only once correct to the satisfaction of the Supervisor
* Issue the Defects Certificate once all items notified have been resolved.
* Ensure that issues relating to HSE are effectively managed, in line with the clients’ policies.
* Generation of project progress reports and final reports to management and stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
* Significant experience in the Engineering, Construction, Infrastructure or Energy sectors.
* Must be familiar with NEC 3 contracts.
* Experience of both demolition and construction projects.
* IOSH, NEBOSH or other Health & Safety / Site Management qualification